Grade Appeal

Students have the right to appeal their final grade in a course, but must do so by the end of the third week after the start of the following semester. Students should first discuss the issue informally with their instructor. If the matter cannot be resolved this way, students may initiate an appeal to their academic advisor outlining the reasons in writing. Copies of the appeal will be forwarded to the dean. The dean will assign a faculty member in the same subject matter to review the grade. The final decision is made by the dean. If a change of the final grade is approved, the new grade will be recorded and the disputed grade will be removed.

Note: grades may only be appealed when students believe there has been an error in evaluating their work. Grade appeals are not to be used as a mechanism for attempting to improve poor grades.